Former governor of old Anambra State, Senator
Jim Nwobodo, on Tuesday broke the silence, as he
alleged that his son, Ifeanyichukwu, died out of
negligence of a Nigeria doctor.

Senator Nwobodo stated that his son was already
cured at Anderson Medical Cancer Centre in
Huston Texas, USA and was asked to stay longer in
USA, but he returned to Nigeria for nostalgia of
his family, when he developed pains on the legs
which took him to a consultant oncologist at the
University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH),
Enugu.

He further revealed that the doctor, instead of
taking him to the teaching hospital where there
were facilities for emergency, rather referred
his son to his private clinic, where the doctor
administered his son with an injection and in no
distant moment, he died.

Senator Nwobodo made the revelation when the
Abia State governor, Chief Theodore Orji, paid
him a condolence visit in his country home in
Amechi, Awkunanaw, Enugu.
Chief Nwobodo said the doctor, on discovery of
the complication of the drug, tried to rush his son
to Niger Foundation Hospital, but he died even
before getting there.

He said: “My son had been sick for five months
before I knew about it and was planning to go to
India before we took him to USA. He was given
visa for two years, because the cancer was at
stage four, but they treated him.
“When he came back, his leg started to swell up
and he thought he should see a doctor and I
advised him to see the best oncologist.
It took us
three weeks to see the doctor. On Friday, I spoke
with him three times a day and he was to see the
doctor between 5.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m. I called
him and he said he was with the doctor, I
requested to speak with the doctor, but he said
he was busy.

“Instead of the doctor to take him to UNTH, he
took him to his private clinic, where he had no
equipment, no facility at all. I called him again
and when I did not hear from him, I sent him a
text message and I asked the doctor to tell me
why he gave my son an injection which made him
unconscious; he said he was sorry and that he was
trying to resuscitate him. I spoke with him at
6.30 p.m. and by 7.00 p.m, my son was dead.

Post a Comment

 
Top