Bright Okpocha known as Basket Mouth recently
opened up to Encomium magazine on the low
moments of his marriage and how he overcomes them..

What  are the low moments of your marriage,
and how have you been able to manage?
Mine is different because of my job.

The low
moments are times when she would cry
because I wasn’t around. These times has been
difficult for us. There was a time I travelled
out of Nigeria for two months.

Although
during the period, I came to Nigeria three
times, and when I was about leaving the next
day, she was crying profusely.
How do you make-up?

am in the country, we
have fun together. Like now, she’s here with
me. She follows me to everywhere I go.

I am
also a houseboy, whenever I’m home, I do not
leave the house. I spend every moment with
my family; my wife and the kids.
What are those chores you do at home that
people don’t expect?
I cook. I try, I can’t really say I’m a good
cook. But I cook for my family.

Advice to other couples
I’m not that experienced to start giving
advice to older people but, everything centres
on love and understanding in every
relationship. Look at our parents, after 30-40
years of marriage, they are still together.

Then, you ask yourself, what are they doing
right? What are they doing wrong? Then, you
find out that they are patient and tolerant.

Our parents are tolerant but children of
today are not. We’re more materiali-stic, no
genuine love. I think, we should learn from
our parents. If not that my dad had passed
on; he would still be married. Don’t just
marry somebody because she’s pretty or she’s
from a rich family.

Post a Comment

 
Top