The 41 year old man who killed his Austria-based
lover, Rose Aifuwa, (pictured right) over unpaid
debt (read story here ) has opened up about how
he killed the mother of four on Christmas Day. He
denied owing the Austrian citizen and said her
death was an accident.

He told Sunday Vanguard ;
"I am 41 years old and a motor spare parts
dealer. I did not kill her. It happened on the
25th of December very early in the morning.

There is one boy that help me to pack my
goods, the boy was with me. After I dropped
my family, I now decided to go and drop the
boy. On getting to Upper Mission junction,
she called me and asked if I didn’t know
that, that day was watch night, and that if
I would come to see her. I said I was coming.

Immediately I turned my car and drove down
to her shop, she had a bar. On getting there
I saw some boys there drinking. I called the
sales girl there and told her to give
everybody drink. The drink amounted to
N1,800. Among the boys there one of them
knew me, so bought me one bottle. So I told
my lady friend that I needed to go and drop
the boy with me as he was drunk. I promised
her that I will come back.

That was how she allowed me go. “I drove
off. We stopped somewhere to have a drink.

I equally bought drink for people there. But
somehow I decided that I will go home after
dropping the boy, but immediately I passed
Upper Mission junction, near her place, her
call came in. So I told her I was coming and I
decided to turn my car to her house.

When I
got to her place, I took a stick of cigarette
from her and told her that I will need to go
home early, that some body was in my car.

But as I was leaving her door she blocked
me. I told her that I guessed she was drunk
because any time she was drunk, that was
the way she behaved. But the next thing I
noticed was a slap, I retaliated.

Before that
I observed that some body was sleeping
somewhere in her room, where I went to
collect the cigarette. So I went outside but
the boy sleeping there woke up and told me
not to leave the house. She went to wake up
another person and was telling the person
something inside. So the guy came out and
said I should not leave the compound.

The
boy started making calls, so I quickly
entered my car and locked the car. I saw
her rush towards me but I had pinned the
doors already. But she blocked my car and I
saw two of the boys trying to drag her out
of my way. Then I zoomed off, but I was now
asking my boy after we left the compound if
I hit anybody. The boy said no, that God
forbid. But I was not comfortable because I
was really drunk”.

After I checked my car very well, I did not
notice anything. I went to my friend’s place
to inform him of my fear. I now called some
body to go to my lady’s house to find out
whether I hit some body. The boy went and
told me that there was nothing like that. So
I became confused. I called my younger
brother to help me investigate if she was
okay. He called me later to say that he
heard she was in hospital and that they had
deposited money. He later called me to say
that they saw a body at Upper Mission
junction and that it was the lady. I called my
friends and they said I should go to the
police station to report myself.

“I can’t sleep, I can’t eat. This is somebody
we did everything together and I loved her.

I did not beat her, I don’t know what
happened. After the incident, some youths
went to my house to burn it down, all my
people left the house. My sisters can no
longer open their shops because they are
scared. I am not owing her. The only goods
she brought to me was in February, that was
when we met. She brought them from
Austria. I am not owing her a dime and we
didn’t have any problem. I even bought her a
bag of rice for Christmas. I did not kill
before, I am devastated”.

Post a Comment

 
Top