President Jonathan says if re-elected, he will
tackle corruption in Nigeria using modern
technology. The President said this while
speaking at his campaign rally in Ibadan today.

He said that even if he jails 5 million people
for corruption, the problem will still persist
but that with modern technology, corruption
would be prevented. He said his govt is
currently working on introducing the
technology
"In terms of the number of
people I have tried and jailed,
maybe I would give you the
statistics in my subsequent
outings. We have tried more
Nigerians. More Nigerians have
been jailed within this period
after passing through due
process. And I used to tell people,
even if I try 10 million Nigerians
and Jail 5 million Nigerians for
corruption, that does not solve
the corruption problem.

So for you to solve corruption
problems, you must use modern
technologies to prevent people
from stealing and that is what we
are working on. The oil industry is
a good area; we are working very
hard. I just don’t want to say
certain things, because some of
these people have been given so
much money, they would do
everything to stop us. But I
promise you that if you vote me
and I come back to serve this
country for the next four years,
the day I would leave here, the
next person that would come as
the president of this country,
people would not talk about
corruption, because we are
working on technologies and we
would use technologies to block all
these areas. Today we are talking
about IT; we are no longer in the
analog generation, so we must
deploy IT to solve our human
problems and I am promising that
in the next four years, the next
president, nobody would harass
that president for not fighting
corruption because I will solve the
problem of corruption in this
country"Meanwhile, he promised
to create 2 million jobs yearly if
re-elected saying he will
generated the job for

Post a Comment

 
Top